Full course description
Upon completing the online RNA course, students will learn how to assist patients to maximize their mobility, range of motion, ambulating and transferring techniques, activities of daily living, feeding, and documentation.
Other applications of restorative techniques will also be covered:
• Role of rehabilitation services in the skilled nursing setting.
• Purpose of the Restorative Aide on the rehab team.
• Care of stroke patients and feeding.
• Care of the hip fracture patients.
• Correct posture and body mechanics when mobilizing patients.
• Proper positioning seating, ROM exercises & gait assistance.
• Proper transfer techniques & adequate transfer techniques.
• ADL skills.
• Proper documentation